Re: meta-information about assertions

Hello Cristiano, all - I have question in this area

What about statements about assertions other than who is the asserter?

It seems to me that the QUADS you mean, only include an extra field of ID for
a statement in order to address the statement itself?    It seems to me that
it is important to be able to address a statement for many purposes, and that
adding an asserter field as a property does not give the same functionality.
With a statement address I can make any assertion about the original
statement, which is much more flexible than only adding an asserter.

If we take this example again

s1 p1 01
s2 p2 o2

but add naming, maybe I use the wrong convention but say

n1: s1 p1 01
n2: s2 p2 o2

now as a third person I can add the assertion

n3: n1 p3 o4

which might have such predicate as p3 = 'ex:agrees_with_based_on'  and o4 some
basis for agreement (or disagreement).   It seems to me this ability to talk
about statements is really fundamental to any meaningful discussion/ building
of knowledge other than rigid already-perfectly-agreed on facts, which are
fewer than one might at first imagine.

Also, is it possible to construct a named graph in RDFa by simply adding an
id= property to the tag?   I will send a separate email about this subject...

thanks

--Golda

http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~staab/Research/Publications/2008/WWW2008-MetaKnowledge.pdf
> > > and here is its implementation:
> > >

> http://www.uni-koblenz.de/FB4/Institutes/IFI/AGStaab/Research/MetaKnowledge
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Steffen

> > graphs
> > filtering
> > is:
> > assertion"

> > con la nuova Yahoo! Mail:

> L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail:
http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

Golda Velez	520-440-1420		http://goldavelez.com
what I do: 	Tucson Superblog	http://btucson.com
		Search software		http://webglimpse.net
		Web hosting		http://iwhome.com

"Help organize the world - index your own corner of the web!"