Re: meta-information about assertions

From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:25:47 -0500
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org
To: Cristiano Longo <cristiano_longo@yahoo.it>

On 2008-03 -03, at 04:45, Cristiano Longo wrote:

> Hi all,
> i'm trying to merge rdf(more specifically OWL) graphs
> from different sources using collaborative filtering
> and trust related technologies. But my question is:
> what is the proper way to encode a "meta assertion"
> like "A says X about B", in order to deal with
> contraddictory assertions?

Full Notation3 extends RDF to allow literal graphs, for just this
purpose.

who:Joe  ex:says {  :B rdf:type :X }.

or more maybe

:doc1   a  doc:Document;
	foaf:maker   [  foaf:name "Joe" ];
	ex:asserts   {  :B rdf:type :X }.

See Primer - Getting into the semantic web and RDF using N3
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/Primer.html
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/

Tim BL