Re: "State of the Semantic Web" - personal opinions?

If you're ready to start that survey re Relational Databases,
here's a first submission.

n-ary relations are built-in types in the mKR language (http://mKRmKE.org/)
Relation tuples are represented as comma-separated values.

The unique thing about mKR relations is that they have a built-in
context-dependent
meaning.  The meaning is a list of mKR propositions, with UNIX-shell-style
variable substitution. Other attributes of relations may be used to specify
automatic declarations, mode (in core or database), etc.

Here's a simple example of a relation.

address book is relation with
    format = [person:1, email:2, phone:3],
    meaning = { $1 has email = $2, phone = $3; };
begin relation address book;
    John Doe, jdoe@PioneerCA.com, 209-555-1212;
    Jane Doe, jdoe@unitednations.org, 212-555-1212;
end relation address book;

Here are some example queries.

    address book isc* ?;  # all tuples
    ? has email = ?;          # all email addresses
    John Doe has ?;         # email & phone

Dick