Re: [DP.AG.Tech] Re: RDF tools?

Perhaps a minor point, and sorry to be boring:

Aerik Sylvan wrote:
> For example, if I want to publish event data, I want to have not just
> publication date (as in RSS) but also the date of the event, the geo
> location (lat/lang) and the human readable location (San Jose, CA for
> example)

No, you don't want the (lat/lang).
You want a concept for the location, which has a human readable attribute
(even if just rdfs:label), as well as the possibility of mapping to
geolocation in an appropriate way.
If what you actually know is that the thing happened in San Jose, CA, then
that is what you should say.

Catherine Dolbear said some more stuff about it in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2008Jun/0088.html

<Aside>
When publishing stuff on the Semantic Web we should publish exactly what we
know, and not form the closure of the world by copying in all the other
stuff that we can find out. I know it's hard doing Linked Data, but if we
can't, who will?
</Aside>