Re: Naive question on redirection.

I should have prefaced my comments by saying that I've never dug deeply
into this, and have just tried to learn from what I've heard and seen
from others. So I'm speaking from a position of inexperience.

Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

>> <http://thefigtrees.net/id> a foaf:PerosnalProfileDocument .
>>
>> 302's based on Accept: headers to either
>>
>> http://thefigtrees.net/id.n3
>> http://thefigtrees.net/id.rdf
>
> That's not how CN is supposed to work. You respond to the request with
> the representation, not with a redirection. The Location header is where
> the resource is. 302 is different.

I got my example from the recent SWEO publication, "Cool URIs for the
Semantic Web". Please see:

http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/#conneg

is that example incorrect?

Lee