Re: Southampton Pub data as linked open data

On 29 Jul 2008, at 15:41, Guus Schreiber wrote:

> Bijan Parsia wrote:
>> On 29 Jul 2008, at 15:08, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
>>> Making something like pub:name a subProperty of rdfs:label is
>>> essential
>> Hardly essential.
>
> On what evidence do you base this statement? In our application
> projects we make extensive use of subproperties of rdfs:label.

You cut at the wrong place.

> Guus
>
>>> for the Tabulator

It's not *essential* for the Tabulator.

I would argue that *this way of marking* display properties isn't
essential either. It may be unchangable legacy right now. But the
functional difference between

	displayName rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:label.

and
	displayName annotatedToBeOfType  DisplayInDetailView

is not great. Actually, it's better in the latter.

Tim said that we should change modeling to accommodate Tabulator and
the OWL DL systems should be modified. But one could as easily put
things other way round and ask Tabulator to change.

(Legacy *user* issues are different, IMHO.)

Bijan.