Re: Southampton Pub data as linked open data

On 29 Jul 2008, at 15:08, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> Making something like pub:name a subProperty of rdfs:label is
> essential

Hardly essential.

> for the Tabulator for example to know it can use names as labels in
> the UI.  So please do it

I would suggest that Tabulator find a better way. E.g., something
Fresnelish.

Or annotations on properties indicating that they are for display
purposes.

> (and don't duplicate the data in pub:name and rdfs:label in the data!)
>
> Presumably OWL DL systems can be built to ignore the
> rdfs:subClassOf fact when they do OWL-DL reasoning on the data.

Presumably Tabulator can be built to do something with property
annotations.

Cheers,
Bijan.