Re: Looking for enterprise SaaS RDF Store service

On Mon Jul 21, 2008 at 12:51:05PM +0100, Ian Davis wrote:
> Hi Aldo,
>
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Aldo Bucchi <aldo.bucchi@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am looking for a hosted RDF store service to power a simple enterprise
> > app.
> >
> > I am currently considering the OpenLink Virtuoso AMI [1] and was
> > wondering if there is already any commercial service running out
> > there.

the answer from an openlink employee was certainly vague

it seems with EC2 you really need clustering support, with their own redundancy schemes

due to the transient nature of the VMs

i know OpenLink has been working on clustering for maybe 6 months or more, but not sure if its done. (and proably not in the 'free' edition yet)