Re: "State of the Semantic Web" - personal opinions?

Ioachim,
Well, actually, from what I know, you may be entitled to money from the EU
in one way or another. If you look through the list of countries that
contribute to these projects you will find that there are some that are
non-EU. I may be wrong but i think this list includes China, Turkey and
Israel, possibly others. There are also those that are due to join. I think
there is also the possibility of collaborating with an existing
organisation, such as an educational institution, where what you are doing
fits into the profile of a project they are working on.
When you are looking for funding this is very hard but my point is also that
it is interesting that you are doing creative work without EU funding.
Sometimes these projects produce very good research but poor deliverables, I
included a quote regarding this earlier in this thread.
These are common problems.
Small companies in the US usually can find private funding and sit very
close to the community of users, the business users. For example Top
Quadrant. I guess same can be said for XML Spy products in Europe.
It seems to me that you are pushing the envelop further, pursuing a
realisation of your designs.
At some point you will need potential business user feed back.
At least with this I may be able to help, but I will approach you separately
if the situation matures sufficiently. I am in a position where information
architecture and site migration is very important. I am not in a position
where different tools will be contemplated to solve the existing problem in
the large. But what may happen is that there may be subsidiary use for such
tools. I still may be able to make comment without actually using your
tools.

Regards,
Adam