Re: How do you deprecate URIs? Re: OWL-DL and linked data

2008/7/8 Richard H. McCullough <rhm@pioneerca.com>:
> Don't make the mistake of saying you don't know the context.
> If you don't know the context, you quite literally don't know
> what you're talking about.

Lots of things can be defined without knowing the precise future
context in which the term will be used. I think you may be out of
touch with what people are trying to do with URI coreference in RDF if
you think you need to know precisely what you are going to be using a
term for when it is defined.

Witty statements about "not knowing what they are talking about" may
seem promising in the short term but they leave a big hole where an
answer will need to be stated before the issue is resolved.

Cheers,

Peter