Re: How do you deprecate URIs? Re: OWL-DL and linked data

Could you use RDF Reification [1] to deprecate the statement?  E.g.
assume an original statement

    <ex:a> <ex:hasURI> "http://orig.com/a"

and a later updated statement (asserting the better URI).

    <ex:a> <ex:hasURI> "http://better.com/a"

Could you use RDF reification to say the old statement is deprecated?

E.g. first make a new Thing that represents the old statement (_:xxx below)

    _:xxx rdf:type rdf:Statement .

    _:xxx rdf:subject <ex:a> .

    _:xxx rdf:predicate <ex:hasURI> .

    _:xxx rdf:object "http://orig.com/a" .

and then mark that statement as a deprecated statement.

    _:xxx rdf:type <ex:DeprecatedStatement>

Would something like that work for you?

 -Mark