Re: [ANN] MOAT

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 13:08:19 +0100
To: "Golda Velez" <gv@btucson.com>
Cc: "Alexandre Passant" <alex@passant.org>, "Linking Open Data" <linking-open-data@simile.mit.edu>, sioc-dev@groups.google.com, semantic-web@w3.org

> On Saturday 19 January 2008 2:25, Alexandre Passant wrote:

Hi Alexandre,

Looking good! Nice to see the tie-in to the Tag Ontology etc.

I'm not sure, there may be another opportunity for interop with SKOS.

This:

<moat:Meaning>
   <moat:meaningURI rdf:resource="http://sws.geonames.org/2988507/"/>

seems conceptually (!) pretty close to:

<skos:Concept rdf:about="http://sws.geonames.org/2988507/">

Though I'm not sure what the mapping would look like, given the extra
indirection (note that moat:meaningURI is defined as a
DatatypeProperty in the ont, but appears as an ObjectProperty in the
example).

Cheers,
Danny.

--