Patents to be Auctioned

From: Dudley Mills <dudley.mills@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:31:40 +1100
To: <semantic-web@w3.org>
US Patents 6,397,219 and 6,466,940 which relate to the insertion and
extraction of contact, classification and geographic data into and from web
pages are to be sold at auction 2008 April 1-2. With a priority date of 1997
February 21, the patents anticipated key aspects of the Semantic Web.

I wrote and filed those patents because I wanted something like the Sematic
Web to evolve sooner rather than later. The patents mouldered for 10 years
until I was approached recently by Ocean Tomo
(http://www.oceantomo.com/index.html) who offered to auction them
> &Lot=16).

Who gets to own the patents is now out of my hands. However, I'd like them
to go to a good home if I can find one.

If you know of anyone likely to be interested in these patents, would you be
so kind as to let them know?

I've set up a web site for the patent auction lot here: