Re: HTTP URIs for real world objects

From: KANZAKI Masahide <mkanzaki@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:19:19 +0900
To: "Peter F Brown" <peter@pensive.eu>
Cc: (wrong string) r" <reto@gmuer.ch>, "Leo Sauermann" <leo.sauermann@dfki.de>, public-sweo-ig@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org

agreed that terminology is confusing and causes many troubles ;-)

Per spec, an information resource that "provides some kind of
compelling and unambiguous indication of the identity of a subject to
humans" is a 'subject indicator', which is 'a proxy for the thing' in
your term if I understand you correctly.

Also per spec, "The address of a subject indicator is called a subject
identifier", i.e., if an wikipedia page is a PSI (indicator), its URI
is a PSId (identifier). PSI is a resource, not a URI.

*

btw, I've mis-understood the requirement I mentioned before: spec
requires that PSI must "explicitly state the unique URI" (not
explicitly state "that URI is to be used as its PSId", which I've
thought). Hence, an wikipedia page could be a PSI.

cheers,
--
@prefix : <http://www.kanzaki.com/ns/sig#> . <> :from [:name
"KANZAKI Masahide", "神崎正英"; :email "mkanzaki@gmail.com"].