Re: HTTP URIs for real world objects

From: Martin Hepp (UIBK) <martin.hepp@uibk.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:16:25 +0100
To: KANZAKI Masahide <mkanzaki@gmail.com>
CC: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, Peter F Brown <peter@pensive.eu>, Peter Ansell <ansell.peter@gmail.com>, Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <reto@gmuer.ch>, Leo Sauermann <leo.sauermann@dfki.de>, public-sweo-ig@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org

hi masahide:

 > yep, you can think, for example, an Wikipedia page as a Subject
Indicator.

 > :me a foaf:Person; foaf:interest wikipedia:Semantic_Web .
 > wikipedia:Semantic_Web foaf:primaryTopic concept:Semantic_Web .
 >
 > => :me foaf:topic_interest concept:Semantic_Web .

exactly this is what we analyzed quantitatively in [1] - in a nutshell,
Wikipedia (or DBPedia) URIs are excellent PSIs and with about 1.8
Million, this is also the largest set of consensual identifiers with a
human-language definition.

See http://www.heppnetz.de/harvesting-wikipedia/

best
martin

[1] Martin Hepp, Katharina Siorpaes, Daniel Bachlechner:
Harvesting Wiki Consensus: Using Wikipedia Entries as Vocabulary  for
Knowledge Management,
IEEE Internet Computing, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 54-65, Sept-Oct 2007.
http://www.heppnetz.de/files/hepp-siorpaes-bachlechner-harvesting%20wikipedia%20w5054.pdf

martin hepp, http://www.heppnetz.de