Re: plural vs singular properties (a proposal)

From: Noah Slater <nslater@bytesexual.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 15:52:42 +0000
To: Garret Wilson <garret@globalmentor.com>
Cc: Sampo Syreeni <decoy@iki.fi>, Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@gmail.com>, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, semantic-web@w3.org
On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 07:16:35AM -0800, Garret Wilson wrote:
> <rdf:Description>
>  <dc:subject>semantic web</dc:subject>
>  <dc:subject>database</dc:subject>
> </rdf:Description>
>
> This is an area of conflict with the relational model, and I'm wondering
> how RDF justifies this.

Imagine that it was foo:keyword instead of dc:subject and it suddenly
makes a lot more sense.

How is this in conflict? Also, why does it matter if the RDF model
does not fit onto the relational model? Why would RDF have to justify
anything?

Having said that, you could model this as with two tables in SQL.

--
Noah Slater <http://bytesexual.org/>

"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far as
society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman