Re: objects to facts to links to LOD to ???

We did some 'auto query generation' in our SemanticSever. The user draws
a graph with some nodes labeled with a question mark, then the engine
first builds the query for the users to make sure this is what they
intended, then allows them to run the query. S-Server searches on many
participating physical servers from the list you can maintain - it
treats the Web as one "information space" hosted on many servers.

You can try S-Server directly at our site - www.semanticsoft.net. After
login as a guest, the first thing you see is a "desktop" with a Start
button like in Windows, but you are actually on our minuature
SemanticWeb hosted on our servers.  Press Start button and select Help -
this will help you to use this tool.

The  "canvas" (or "tissue", "media", "substratum") on which our Semantic
Web is built, allows ontologies to be stored in a "transparent" manner
so that the query engines "see inside" them while regular  digital
artifacts are kept as blobs. "Folders" are just a UI simulation of
Windows on this "canvas" - behind the UI you actually group resources
(things) and, this manner, change the "topology" of the information space.

I would treat "understanding" of some content (like the content in GGG)
as representation of that content onto such "canvas", because as soon as
the content is onto the "canvas", the engines can query inside such
content and they are  also aware of the context which is also on the
canvas as Semantic Web formatted content.

Ioachim Drugus, Ph.D.
Main Software Architect,
SemanticSoft, Inc.
www.semanticsoft.net