Re: semantic technology solutions for mulitlinginal sites

From: Jens Lehmann <lehmann@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:51:57 +0100
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Cc: linking-open-data@simile.mit.edu
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org

Hello,

Semantics-ProjectParadigm wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am writing proposals for setting up web portals to access digital
> repositories on a large number of knowledge domains.
>
> The point is that the same information needs to be made available in a
> large number of languages.
>
> Are there any computer programs, research programs or projects out there
> that deal with providing semantic web solutions for information that
> needs to be made available in a large number of different languages?

Do I understand correctly that you want to expose a knowledge base in
several languages? RDF/RDFS/OWL allow to add language tags to literals,
i.e. http://dbpedia.org/resource/House has an rdfs:label in several
languages. (If you were already aware of this, it might be better to ask
a more specific question.)

Multilingual CMS are, of course, a different issue as you also need to
translate UI messages etc.

Kind regards,

Jens

--