Re: The next Internet giant: linking open data, providing open access to repositories

Shavkat Karimov wrote:
> I think people wouldn't pay any fees to search the web.
I don't believe I said or implied they would.
> The FREEdom of
> the Internet is why it is so powerful.
Nobody is disputing that.
>  Also, while I agree with most
> other Milton's statements, this new Internet giant might still be
> Google, since they are already going to this direction in many ways.
> Thanks for the insightful post!

Again, the issue of giant/behemoths is somewhat irrelevant (imho).

The issue is where and how the Web evolves.

I believe we are adding the property oriented "Find" of the Linked Data
Web aspect to the full text pattern oriented "Search" of the Document
Web aspect.  The Web is simply evolving and so will the value it
delivers etc..

Federation is making a comeback courtesy of the Linked Data aspect of
the Web :-)

Kingsley

--

Regards,