Re: namespaces

From: Richard H. McCullough <rhm@pioneerca.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:25:57 -0700
To: "Richard Newman" <rnewman@twinql.com>
Cc: "Semantic Web at W3C" <semantic-web@w3.org>

According to section 2.1 of the OWL Web Ontology Language Guide,
an ontology begins with namespace declarations.  For example
    xmlns:rdf ="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"

I identify "rdf" as the user-friendly name of the context.
I identify "http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" as the URI of the
context.
I identify the propositions contained in the RDF file returned by this URI
as the propositions which are the context.

Dick McCullough
Ayn Rand do speak od mKR done;
mKE do enhance od Real Intelligence done;
knowledge haspart proposition list;
http://mKRmKE.org/