Re: Semantic Web Research Ideas

Hi Barry

mKR is a general purpose knowledge representation language with tremendous
potential in all Semantic Web applications.  It has been largely ignored
because
it is not a standard; languages like RDF, OWL are used instead.  I have
actively
campaigned against the "bad epistemology" in the latter languages, but my
arguments have been largely ignored.  The only comparable language is CycL,
and I am devoting my current efforts to interfacing with OpenCyc.

I have been successful in creating user-friendly interfaces to many
knowledge
bases including Stanford TAP, OpenCyc, IEEE SUMO, Google, Amazon.
Some of the details are documented in KR-language@yahoogroups.com.
Some details are documented in http://mKRmKE.org/doc/MKEtutorial.html.
My notes on theory & applications are available at
http://mKRmKE.org/knowledge/rhm.

Theoretical properties of mKR -- complexity, decidability -- are unknown
(I wrote one email to Adam Pease with some general remarks).
Simple comparisons to other languages (relevant to language translation)
are available on my website.

Because mKR has received so little attention, you have a lot of freedom
in choosing what you want to do for a master's thesis.
I also think that you will enjoy programming in mKR.