Re: rdf in xproc

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:50:58 -0400
To: Holger Knublauch <holger@knublauch.com>
Cc: Leigh Dodds <leigh@ldodds.com>, semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>, Paul Tyson <phtyson@sbcglobal.net>, Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>
Holger Knublauch <holger@knublauch.com> writes:

> some limitations though. Beside the obvious performance problems of
> unnecessary parsing and serializing, the approach you outline would
> simply not scale when one of the triple sources is an RDF database
> that doesn't fit into memory.

That's true. I wonder if it would be practical to define a suite of
RDF-related steps that interact directly with some triplestore, only
using the XML inputs and outputs to do choreography or pass status
information.

I guess we just need to see what sorts of steps the RDF community
needs/wants.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--