Re: rdf in xproc

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:01:43 -0400
To: Holger Knublauch <holger@knublauch.com>
Cc: Leigh Dodds <leigh@ldodds.com>, semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>, Paul Tyson <phtyson@sbcglobal.net>, Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>
Holger Knublauch <holger@knublauch.com> writes:

> Having said this I very much agree with Paul's statement that having
> some standard pipeline facilities for RDF would be good thing. I would
> even take it further and claim that for certain application areas RDF
> might be a better starting point for a pipeline system than XML. In

If you defined a set of RDF-aware steps for XProc, there's nothing
about XProc that would constrain their flexibility to exchange triples
and operate on graphs. True, the output of one step would flow into
the input of the next as RDF/XML, but that would transparent to the
steps themselves.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--