Re: SPARQL question: get distinct list of datatypes used for literals

hi,

Peter said:
> It seems like something you should be able to do in basic SPARQL,
> especially if you are only going to bind ?dt into a CONSTRUCT'ed new
> graph, and not utilise it further in the WHERE portion

Could you give me an example how you would do this? The basis for
constructed graphs is still the result of an ordinary select, where do
I get the datatype from? I could fetch it afterwards when getting the
results, but what I want is a distinct list of data types used, not
all the values (because of performance, transferring as few results as
possible).

Lee said:
> Offhand, I don't know of any SPARQL implementations that do this: at
> the same time, I don't know of any that don't, other than my own :-D
> SELECT ?dt {
>  :s :p ?val .
>  ?dt a rdfs:Datatype .
>  FILTER (datatype(?val) = ?dt) .
> }

Andy, would this work with ARQ, if the model in the dataset uses a D-
entailment capable reasoner? At least it would require me to have
control over the endpoint, which I don't have in general.

Because in my scenario most of the end-points use D2R-server, which
uses ARQ, I'll try with ARQ select expressions (thanks Lee for the
link!) and fallback to ordinary (and more expensive) fetching-all-
values-queries if an Exception occured. It's better than nothing.

Thanks,
Andy