ANN: Online Presence Ontology

From: Milan Stankovic <milstan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 19:25:12 +0200
To: public-lod@w3.org, semantic-web@w3c.org, dataportability-public@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I would like to draw your attention to a new project that we have started at
the Good Old AI (http://goodoldai.org.yu/) research group. The project
addresses the issue of integrating and exchanging the data related to users'
presence in the online world.

The core part of the project is the Online Presence Ontology (OPO) that can
be used to represent instant messaging statuses, status messages, avatars
and other elements that form the image of a user's presence in the online
world. As a difference from FOAF that models more static and persistent user
profile data, our goal is to model the dynamic and frequently changing
aspects of user profiles.

All those dynamic aspects of online presence are currently published on
different services (social networks, instant messaging platforms,
Twitter-like and lifestreaming services) and the aim of OPO is to facilitate
their exchange across those services.

For more information on our current and future work please visit the OPO
website (http://www.milanstankovic.org/opo/) and take a look at the
Nodalities blog post related to OPO (
http://blogs.talis.com/nodalities/2008/08/opo-modelling-dynamic-online-presence.php
).

All your comments, suggestions and ideas are welcome, as we are trying to
further develop our ontology into a highly usable community-shaped
vocabulary.

Cheers

Milan Stankovic