Re: freebase parallax: user interface for browsing graphs of data

Hello,

On Wednesday 20 August 2008 12:51:21 Giovanni Tummarello wrote:
> This might also work : ;)
>
> http://sindice.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FPeople%2FBerners-Lee%
>2Fcard&qt=term
>
> but so far i am not aware of a linked data browser that uses any
> search engine to get more data, they all just follow links which have
> been explicitly put in the RDF  i think this would be very interesting
> thing to see the links from others as well.
>
> i picture this in the form of a "get more info" button or a background
> ajax call which could make such button pop up "there is more.."

I have recently added URI based search support to the Semantic Web Client
Library [1]. In addition to dereferencing URIs, the library can now query
Sindice for RDF documents that mention the URIs. We are preparing a new
release. Since the Disco browser [2] is implemented on top of the Semantic
Web Client Library it should be straightforward to extend Disco the way you
suggest.

Furthermore, the Marbles browser [3] queries Sindice too.

[1] http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/ng4j/semwebclient/
[2] http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/ng4j/disco/
[3] http://wiki.dbpedia.org/Marbles

Regards,