Re: freebase parallax: user interface for browsing graphs of data

David Huynh wrote:

> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> Question: Is there any fundamental reason why you cannot expose URIs
>> or URLs where you have "javascript:{}"? Would this break your work in
>> anyway?
> Just for you, Kingsley, I have fixed it :-) You might need to
> shift-reload to get the latest code.
>
> I wasn't actually expecting such an intense reaction to just
> "javascript:{}". I wonder if that might put off newcomers, who believe
> that the slightest profanity against The URIs on this mailing list will
> always trigger such adverse reactions.

Ah, we're an excitable bunch around here ;)

Regardless of whether these data URLs are available, the UI work is
exciting and I'm glad you shared it with the W3C lists. If others have
smart ideas for visualising and navigating RDFesque datasets (whether
closed or open by various definitions), let me be clear: they're very
welcome to post them to semantic-web@w3.org. I hope our enthusiasm
hereabouts for open data doesn't discourage people for sharing
innovative UI ideas. We need all the help we can get! :)

In similar vein, it's well worth SW people poking around
http://code.google.com/apis/visualization/
http://processing.org/ and similar, ... the fact that these don't
(yet....) natively support RDF is no reason not to learn from them...

cheers,

Dan

--
http://danbri.org/