Re: singleton sets

From: Elisa F. Kendall <ekendall@sandsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:51:54 -0700
To: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@pioneerca.com>
CC: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, KR-language <KR-language@YahooGroups.com>, Semantic Web at W3C <semantic-web@w3.org>, Adam Pease <adampease@earthlink.net>

Having studied under both John Barwise and John Etchemendy just prior to
publication of this book, I would have said that they wanted to ensure
that their students were clear about the distinctions, not that they did
not believe singleton sets were useful at times, as long as one was
careful in crafting the logic.

Elisa