Re: Geo Spatial and time information

Hi.
Yes, not straightforward if you want to search like that.
Let's say there was a fest in Messina.
So you will record the place as something like
http://dbpedia.org/resource/Messina
But now, as you say, you can't do the search you want (easily).
So you would need to record the other information you might want, such as
http://dbpedia.org/resource/Sicily and
http://dbpedia.org/resource/Italy
But I guess that you were going to record something like that in any case,
so using these URIs loses you nothing, and gets you the geolocation data as
well (geo:lat, geo:long).
The good news is that you could use dbpedia to fill in some of the extra
information automatically (ie when you add a festival entry).
The Messina page gives you p:region http://dbpedia.org/resource/Sicily
Which gives p:zone http://dbpedia.org/resource/South_Italy
(I may have got some of the details wrong.)

So hopefully it gives you a some advantage to do it this way.
And then the next thing is people finding you.
So for example, make sure that sindice.com knows about your rdf; then when
an agent is searching for stuff about Messina, it will find your festival
information.

Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Best
Hugh