Re: [Ann] Triplify 0.4

Sören Auer wrote:

> Orri Erling wrote:
>> If the data is not secret, it might be best if we had a look at
>> ourselves with different configurations.
>> We have some of pubmed etc from Banff already, so please say what
>> data it
>> would be.
>
> Orri, Triplify itself is rather a software than data. Triplify allows
> to publish relational databases as Linked Data with minimal effort.
> A list of some "triplified" data sources can be obtained from:
>
> <http://triplify.org/Registry>
>
> But these are mostly 3rd party contributions.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Sören

Soren,

I think you simply need to tell Orri that Triplify is a PHP based
mechanism for RDF Views  (or Semantic Covers) over Relational (typical
MySQL) based data :-) In a nutshell, another mechanism for RDBM to RDF
[1] along the lines of:

1. Virtuoso's SPASQL based Meta Schema Language for ODBC or JDBC
accessible data sources (in addition to Native Virtuoso)
2. D2RQ's  N3 based mapping language for JDBC data sources

Links:

1. http://esw.w3.org/topic/Rdb2RdfXG/StateOfTheArt/Table

--

Regards,