RE: discussion about Semantic Web realization

Excellent responses Danny.  Just one I'd like to address further:

> From: Danny Ayers
>
> On 28/04/2008, Maciej Gawinecki <mgawinecki@gmail.com> wrote:
> [ . . . ]
>       - requires a critical mass of participating sites to be
> interesting and useful
>
> The technologies are already demonstrably useful (e.g. I'm
> now using Twine daily), though the really big gains will only
> start emerging once there is wider participation - the
> network effect again.

It really depends on what you want to do.  SemWeb technology is useful right *now* in addressing data integration challenges, even apart from the Semantic Web.  The Semantic Web is currently small, but growing.  Some things are already enabled, but far more will be enabled as more data is made SemWeb accessible.

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.