Re: Person Identifier

From: Ian Emmons <iemmons@bbn.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 07:15:20 -0400
To: semantic-web@w3.org

> I think the problem that I need an HTTP request first is less and
> less there from now on because of mobile access everywhere. The fact,
> that I can figure out anything about a thing by doing a simple GET
> request is very very appealing. I think it makes things really
> easier.

It is important to remember that connectivity to the Internet will never
be universal.  I say this not only because of the difficulty and cost of
connecting the remotest locations, but also because in some environments
it is a requirement to *not* be connected to the Internet.  One example
of this phenomenon is the intelligence community, where connectivity is
often prohibited (and which is also a huge market for Semantic Web
technologies).