New RIF drafts

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:07:26 -0400
To: semantic-web@w3.org, www-rdf-rules@w3.org

We have some new drafts from the Rule Interchange Format (RIF) Working
Group.  While the group is not targeted at producing a "Semantic Web
Rule Language", its output will cover much of the same space.  I suggest
anyone interested in rule languages (especially from a web perspective)
take a look at what RIF is doing and send comments:

http://www.w3.org/TR/rif-bld/   (our first RIF dialect, Horn with Equality)
http://www.w3.org/TR/rif-fld/   (framework for more logic dialects)
http://www.w3.org/TR/rif-rdf-owl/  (how to use BLD with RDF, OWL-DL, OWL-Full)

Instructions for commenting are in the drafts.

    -- Sandro   (W3C staff contact for RIF-WG)