Re: idea for RDF newbies

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:51:36 +0200
To: "Tom Morris" <tom@tommorris.org>
Cc: "Golda Velez" <gv@btucson.com>, semantic-web@w3.org
> >  It seems to me that newcomers to RDF would greatly benefit from a
> >  human-annotated site about ontologies, with examples, use cases,
> reviews and
> >  maybe popularity score and often-used-with list.

 +1

Probably not a directly reusable idea (at least not with frames ;-), but
when I first started to hit the strange little details of XML I found Tim
Bray's annotated XML spec hugely helpful:
http://www.xml.com/axml/testaxml.htm

Hopefully a lot of this could be achieved without too much new work -
exploiting linked data to connect up existing material. (Something similar
for tutorials is still on my to-do list for SWEO...)

>  So, what vocabulary to use behind the site? ...I'll use Tom's hReview
> vocab
> >  for the basic reviews, but does anyone know of a good vocabulary for
> >  attaching use cases and examples ?  I put those things into
> abra-discuss so
> >  I'll use that if there's not another standard out there.

Offhand I can't think of one - but surely there's one around the W3C
material somewhere, most recent specs have had some kind of use case docs..?

Cheers,
Danny.

--
http://dannyayers.com