Re: AW: Ontology Question

From: Yves Raimond <yves.raimond@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:00:17 +0100
To: "Adam Sobieski" <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>
Cc: "Valentin Zacharias" <zacharias@fzi.de>, semantic-web@w3c.org

Hello!

>  Yes that does add some sophistication to what I've been considering for a
> HistoryNet project.  I'm looking at ontology to create events and weave them
> together so users can add and interconnect them to create meaning, such as
> for data resembling the history of knowledge science project I championed,
> which weaves a conceptual thread from cave paintings to modern tech.  I see
> your point though for some of the older contributions, such as cave
> paintings.

You might want to check the event ontology we use in the music
ontology. The namespace is:
http://purl.org/NET/c4dm/event.owl#
It is a really simple ontology, and you can see concrete use of it in
the datasets published using MO (Musicbrainz, dbtune, etc.).
There is a small description of it in [1].

Cheers,
Yves

[1] http://moustaki.org/pubs/Raimond-ISMIR2007-Submitted.pdf