[ANN] OntoWiki 0.8 and owcli 0.2 released

From: Sören Auer <auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 05:02:30 -0400
To: powl-releases@lists.sourceforge.net, semanticweb@yahoogroups.com, semantic-web@w3c.org, SoftWiki Projektteam <aksw@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>, team@softwiki.de, info_bis@informatik.uni-leipzig.de

Hi all,

The AKSW research group [1] is pleased to announce that OntoWiki 0.8 is
now available for download. OntoWiki is a web-application enabling the
collaborative creation of RDF knowledge bases.
More information about OntoWiki can be found at:

            http://ontowiki.net

Changes in this release include:

  * A complete new default theme with a smarter HTML structure and
    a desktop like style with windows and menus [2]
  * Statement based access control (still experimental) [3]
  * Improved RDF/XML exporter for resources and models
  * Support for hidden classes
  * Several GUI enhancements (see a complete list in the changelog [4])

Additionally, we have released the second version of our OntoWiki
Command Line Interface (owcli) [5]. owcli is a php-based command line
tool to administrate and manipulate OntoWiki knowledge bases.
Changes in release 0.2 include:

  * Support for SPARQL queries (table and graph output)
  * bash autocompletion
  * New commands for content subscriptions, geocoding and much more

You can download OntoWiki and owcli in our SF File Section:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/powl/

Many thanks to the main contributors of this OntoWiki release: Sebastian
Dietzold, Norman Heino, Philipp Frischmut and Michael Haschke!

Sören Auer

[1] http://aksw.org
[2] http://ontowiki.net/Projects/OntoWiki/Screenshots
[3] http://ontowiki.net/Projects/OntoWiki/AccessControl