Re: RDFa issues

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 08:37:40 -0700
To: cdr <_@whats-your.name>
CC: semantic-web@w3.org

You should send your markup to

public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

and we'll help you debug it. You may well have found edge cases we
haven't considered yet, which would certainly help our test cases.

> 1) is RDFa really supposed to be valid XML? why?

XHTML1.1+RDFa is supposed to be valid XML, because we're working within
the confines of XHTML1.1. Ideally, we'll find a way to make RDFa work in
non-XML versions of HTML, but that's not part of our current scope.

> 2) its impossible to exactly roundtrip content

If you're trying to round-trip non-well-formed markup, XHTML1.1+RDFa is
likely not going to be right for you, mostly because you're dealing
with, as you've discovered, the confines of XHTML.

But if you have well-formed markup, or just plain literals, it should be
trivial to round-trip it.

Do you have a specific use case in mind that we're not handling well?

-Ben
chair, RDFa task force.