Re: rdf standards? (flikr wrappers)

From: Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:34:36 +0200
To: "Dave Beckett" <dave@dajobe.org>, "Karl Dubost" <karl@w3.org>
Cc: "Renato Golin" <renato@ebi.ac.uk>, "Semantic Web" <semantic-web@w3.org>, "Christian Becker" <chris@christianhbecker.com>

#4 not to forget the flikr DBpedia wrapper at
http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/flickrwrappr/
which generates links from DBpedia concepts to photos depicting them.

For instance:
http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/flickrwrappr/photos/Brandenburg_Gate or
http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/flickrwrappr/photos/Eiffel_Tower

The photo collections will be interlinked with DBpedia shortly, so that you
can use any Semantic Web browser to navigate from a DBpedia concept to the
photo collection about it.

There are currently 1.95 million concepts in DBpedia and the wrapper is
configured to try to get 30 pictures for each. So, I guess we will end up
with around 40-60 million additional pictures for DBpedia.

Cheers

Chris

--
Chris Bizer