Re: [Semantic_Web] RDF datastore recommendation?

[cc'ing semantic-web@w3.org]

On 23/10/2007, mylan <mylan018@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've done quite a bit of reading on RDF / SPARQL but I'm still left
> with an important question. What program should I use to store my RDF
> data? I need something that can store large amounts of triples and run
> optimized SPARQL queries. I had attempted to use the Redland
> libraries, however results from SPARQL queries weren't sufficiently
> fast. Also I'm not a Java programmer, so anything that I need to use
> Java for to insert or update data is excluded.
>
> Can anyone help me with suggestions?

Hmm, I thought Redland was comparatively nippy - which backend are you using?

Roughly how many triples do you want to store?
What would you consider a reasonable response time? (Some idea of the
kind of queries you have in mind would help).

Resources you may find useful:

Developers Guide to Semantic Web Toolkits for different Programming Languages
http://sites.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/bizer/toolkits/

http://esw.w3.org/topic/LargeTripleStores
http://esw.w3.org/topic/SemanticWebTools

Cheers,