Toward Ontologies or Web Services Matching

From: Carmine Bussone <carmine.bussone@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:11:01 +0200
To: semantic-web@w3.org

Sorry for the probably noob question. :-)
In the retrieving-informations work for my thesis i'm currently working
on the state of the art of the capability matching and i still don't get
a thing: is the Semantic Web directed to the ontologies matching or
toward webservices matching? I ask this because ant the moment i can
only found some "theorical" approaches to the semantic matching of web
services, while ontology matching seems a more advanced field and seem
to have more experimental results. Is it because of the spreading of the
ontology based tecnology or just because in fact the matching of the web
services is too "old style" or based on the services itself? Where could
i found some sources on it?

Thanks in advance.

Carmine