Re: A new Semantic Web logo?

public domain, any restrictions don't make sense...

W3C doesn't have a budget to pursue anyone, and certainly cannot
afford the bad publicity....

It's a box, for goodness sake, it's not the new flavour of coke.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessibility Consultant on Media Literacy and the Internet

On 16 Oct 2007, at 11:35, Renato Golin wrote:

Dan Brickley wrote:
> Re usage and the idea of "disparage" in
>
> "The logo may not be used to disparage W3C, its Member organizations,
> services, or products.",
>
> here's a concrete test case: do you consider
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/danbri/428172848/ as disparaging W3C
> products, services etc? I just think it's funny and honest, but I can
> see how it might be read that way.

Dear Dan.

Fortunately this falls in the "fair use" for comedy and cannot be
prosecuted under the copyright law, even if you have such a restrictive
license. To be funny and honest still is the right of every human being.

You would have to go to "public image" damages (or whatever it is in US)
and ask for a compensation and/or public apology, which I believe anyone
in his/her own mind would do it.

cheers,
--renato

--
Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at