Re: A new Semantic Web logo?

Ian B. Jacobs wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 16:41 +0200, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
>> Benjamin,
>>
>> Thanks for the background. This is much appreciated.
>>
>> Here are some concrete gripes I have with the usage policy.
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> Thank you for the input. We will review the suggestions and
> try to have answers by early next week. I will say that one
> challenge is finding the right balance between trying to maintain
> consistent usage of the logo ('more control by W3C') and promoting
> modifications to fit user needs in context ('less control by W3C').
> I can see the case for both and are thinking about this question
> actively.

Re usage and the idea of "disparage" in

"The logo may not be used to disparage W3C, its Member organizations,
services, or products.",

here's a concrete test case: do you consider
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danbri/428172848/ as disparaging W3C
products, services etc? I just think it's funny and honest, but I can
see how it might be read that way.

cheers,

Dan