Re: A new Semantic Web logo?

From: Frank Manola <fmanola@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:08:38 -0400
Cc: bnowack@semsol.com
To: SWIG <semantic-web@w3.org>

On a slightly different issue, over the weekend I happened to see a
TV ad for Comcast's "triple play" offer of internet, cable, and phone
service (www.comcast.com/tripleplay) and was struck by a distinct
resemblance to the new SW logo.  This could be thought of either an
unfortunate coincidence or a piece of clever advertising (I'm not
sure by who!), since the logos seem to suggest that if you start to
pry off the top of Comcast's triple play, you might find the Semantic
Web inside :-)

--Frank