Dojinshi & Accessibility was: A new Semantic Web logo?

From: ~:'' ありがとうございました。 <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:56:13 +0100
Cc: Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>, semantic-web@w3.org, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
To: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@gmail.com>, Benjamin Nowack <bnowack@semsol.com>

I've only had a chance to have a brief look at the new logo.

Benji

I like the SVG graphic But....
It does have significant defects.

the text-rendering is defined but there is no text.
in fact the file has literally not a single content identifier of any
sort.
unless the file is rendered it is literally impossible to tell what
it might be.
pace those that render in their minds...

The Web Accessibility Initiative WCAG guidelines suggest this is not
good practice.

I'd hope the SWEO and Comm teams might also include relevant semantic
information.

regarding the exceptionally restrictive copyright restrictions it
might be relevant to review Lawrence Lessig on Dojinshi.

apologies if this seems heavy handed, or I got the wrong end of the
stick
as I say in a rush..

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessibility Consultant on Media Literacy and the Internet