Re: A new Semantic Web logo?

On Thursday 11 October 2007 13:51, Denny Vrandečić wrote:

> We were considering replacing the logo at our institute website with the
> new one, but according to the usage restrictions "When used on the Web,
> the logo must be an active link to http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/" whereas
> we want the logos to link to the actual RDF- or OWL-Files (yes, I know
> about autodiscovery, but still).
>
> This restriction is pretty harsh. Any chance in dropping that? (without
> us having to ask every time we want to do that?)

Similarly,

  The logo must stand alone: it cannot be combined with any other design
  element such as photography, type, borders, nor can it be incorporated
  into another logo.

The obvious reading of this would prevent using it in pretty much any
web page, so could someone explain the inobvious intended reading?

[I like the pretty box, myself.]

--
Chris "pages are design elements" Dollin

Hewlett-Packard Limited     Cain Road, Bracknell,                registered no:
registered office:          Berks RG12 1HN                       690597 England