Preliminary Comments on ADNI - LONI

From: Matt Williams <matthew.williams@cancer.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 09:22:34 +0100
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Dear All,

This is to try an sketch the outlines of the data that seem to be
available in ADNI/ LONI, and so solict requests for additional info.

The Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) maintains an
image database (LONI) of imaging of patients, phantoms and volunteers.

Image types include MRI, fMRI, SPECT, PET, CT and MRA. Some types appear
to have no instances (e.g. fMRI, CT, SPECT).

Each individual is described by an ID number, a type of subject
(Patient/ Volunteer/ Phantom), Sex, Age (as a decimal e.g. 87.4) and Weight.

However, the age of a patient can change; this is presumably to allow
for different scans at different times

Images are described according to type of imaging; Each subject
(typically) has multiple images. Some choices are given below.

MRI:
Weighting (T1, T2)
Thickness (in mm)
Acquisition Plane (Axial, Coronal, Sagittal)
Field Strength (1 - 6)
Coil (8HRBRAIN, BODY, etc.)

PET:
Frames
Manufacturer (Philips, GE, etc.)

There is then the facility to download images to view (although you need
more permission than I have to do this).

Please let me know if this helps fill in some of the details, and what
else you would like to know.

Matt

--
http://acl.icnet.uk/~mw