Re: Turtle - Terse RDF Triple Language updated

On 2007-10 -03, at 06:55, Story Henry wrote:

> On 3 Oct 2007, at 12:41, Michael Schneider wrote:
>
>> Henry Story wrote:
>>
>>> What about =
>>>
>>> That would be a nice addition. :-)
>>>
>>> Especially as it allows one to group statements together like this:
>>>
>>> :me foaf:knows [ = <http://eg.com/joe/>;
>>>                  foaf:name "Joe Smith" ] .
>>>

>> Just for me to understand: Is this meant to be a shortcut for
>> 'owl:sameAs'?
>
> Yep! It's that obvious :-)

Yes.  It is only allows as a predicate, you can't say   = s:label
"same as".
I agree it is very useful.

> What would be nice would be a little comment in the Turtle spec, if
> it gets approved,
> making the point that when the "=" follows the "[" as above there
> is no need for an interpreter
> to create a blank node: they should just go an name the node with
> the URL following it.

That is completely different.  Let's NOT muddel between smushing and
parsing graphs.
Some things will smush, some won't, some will if put i  the right mode.

Tim