Re: Linked Data on qdos.com

On 29 Nov 2007, at 15:03, Chris Bizer wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> one idea for making the data more useful could be to interlink it
> with DBpedia.
>
> Taking the musician Moby as an example, you could serve RDF links like
>
> http://qdos.com/celeb/8340a9fc46297f805e66b6f9e89feb80 owl:sameAs http://dbpedia.org/resource/Moby
>
> together with your data.
>
> These links would allow people to navigate from your data to more
> data about Moby in DBpedia using a Linked Data browser like
> Tabulator or the OpenLink browser. We could also add these links on
> the DBpedia side, which would bring additional traffic to your site.
> When your data is interlinked with other sources, it will also be
> found by Semantic Web search engines like Sindice or Falcons and
> will show up in their search results.
>
> I noticed that you have already links to Wikipedia in your data.
> Therefore, generating links to DBpedia is easy: Just replace http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
>  with http://dbpedia.org/resource/ in the URIs.

Hi Chris, thanks for the advice.

OK, will add owl:sameAs properties to dbpedia - we don't have
wikipedia links for everyone, but we do for enough people to make it
worthwhile.

The links to eg. wikipedia use the property <http://qdos.com/schema#wikipedia
 >, is there something we can usefully make those properties a
subPropertyOf? I would have liked to use the FOAF site membership
properties, but they're unhelpful for the particular data we're trying
to handle.

- Steve