Re: User testing for semantic applicatons

Thanks Jonathan

>>5've been pressing the W3C management to include naive users in the
>>specification process. which is another alternative..

definitely, as well as include them in the testing etc
, I take you are working the in the Semantic Web Usability Standards team
too?

Thing is, I am not that 'naive' at all, I am system engineer analysing and
designing  rather advanced architectures
 Just have never managed to get a semantic web application to work the way I
expect it to.
And I cannot be sure if the problem is with me. (obviously feeling terribly
insecure)
 or if  there some other problem along the line (until I see TBL not being
too sure either, then I feel OK again)

I understand. these good semdevs are trying to get up some core
functionality and they seem to communicate with each other nonetheless, but
yes, whatever is that is happening,  will have to be made intuitive and user
friendly sooner or later, better sooner perhaps so maybe we can help and
speed up the debugging too

look forward!

PDM

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessibility Consultant on Media Literacy and the Internet