Re: Semantic web discussions

Karl Dubost wrote:

> Le 16 mai 2007 � 20:52, Tim Berners-Lee a �crit :
>> Do people think we should have a separate semantic-web-announcements
>> or sem-web-cfp list?
>
> The only way to increase the S/N ratio is to contribute to this list.
> But it seems there is not that much discussions here anymore. It seems
> the hacking time days is gone on planetrdf.com.

Although far from me to diminish the importance of planetrdf, I am not
sure that statement is fair. A number of discussion took place on this
list lately (vCard/iCalendar[1] and thread), discussions on RDF stores
([2] thread) or, just today, issues around linked data[3]. But I must
admit I am also annoyed by the large number of announcement coming to
the list which might drive away people.

In spite of all the good ideas of Jeremy and al on the discussion I
wonder whether a more radical step would not be better... I am still not
sure.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2007May/0002.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2007Apr/0203.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2007May/0093.html